World History. Week of 02/18 to 02/21. Agenda Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014. Editing Journal Tue – Thur (3 only) Work on Imperialism Project – Today and tomorrow, DUE Thur Feb 20 Cut , Paste and complete 11.1 Summary and Notetaking in notebook, BACK of 18
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Week of 02/18 to 02/21
HW– Chap 11.1 Vocab and Standards Check Questions on edmodo, DUEFRIDAY
Define Chap 11.1 Terms
-entente - ultimatum - militarism- mobilize
- Alsace and Lorraine - neutrality
Standards Check Questions for Chap 11.1 in COMPLETE SENTENCES.
1. What two large alliances took shape before the beginning of World War I?
2. What happened because of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand and his wife?
3. How did the alliance system deepen the original conflict between Austria-Hungary and Serbia into a general war?
4. Why were young men on both sides eager to fight when World War I started?
Answer questions on edmodo or on a separate piece of paper.
HW – Chap 11.1 Vocab and Quests 1 - 4
M – Militarism
A – Alliances
I – Imperialism
N - Nationalism
Militarism: Glorifying military power. Keeping nation ready for war
Alliances – Countries formed partnerships to feel secure and safe
Imperialism – Competition for colonies to trade with and get resources
Nationalism – Deep loyalty to your nation and desire to overpower and out produce other nations
Europe before WWI
They were competing yet no major wars. Tension is increasing!
Have a great weekend!
with Germany’s navy
China, India and Africa