Language direct speech & reported speech 直接引语与间接引语
直接引语和间接引语 A.直接引述别人的话，叫 “直接引语”。 B.用自己的话转述别人的话，叫 “间接引语”。 间接引语在多数情况下构成宾语从句。 直接引语一般前后要加引号，间接引语不用引号。
例如：约翰说：“我喜欢看故事书。”（直接引语）例如：约翰说：“我喜欢看故事书。”（直接引语） John said， “I like reading story books.” 约翰说他喜欢看故事书。（间接引语） John said that he liked reading story books. 他说：“我的名字叫李明。” He said， “Myname isLiming.” He said his name was Liming.
ask sb(not) to do sth. tell sb(not) to do sth. order sb(not) to do sth.
Angela said, “I love to be a contestant.” 陈述句 (一随主。二随宾，第三人称不更新) Angela said （that ）she loved to be a contestant 2.“Youshould be more careful next time, ”my father told me. My father told me(that)Ishould be more careful the next time. 3.She said to me, “Mary will be back tomorrow” She said to me( that )Marywould be back the next day.
John asked, “ Did you see him yesterday?” He asked me, “ Do you like tea or coffee?” He asked Wen, “ Have you ever been to HK? 一般疑问句 John asked if/ whether I had seen him the day before. He asked me whether I liked tea or coffee. He asked Wen if/ whether he had ever been to HK.
John asked, “ What is your Chinese name?” He asked me, “ Why didn’t you go to school?” The director asked, “ who wants to be on TV?” 特殊疑问句 John asked what my Chinese name was. He asked me why I hadn’t gone to school. The director asked who wanted to be on TV.
“Please raise your hand.” The teacher said. “Go up on the stage.” The director told Angela. "Don’t use your hairdryer too much." The hairdresser said to me. 祈使句 ask sb(not)to do tell sb(not)to do order sb(not)to do The teacher asked us to raise our hand. The director told Angela to go up on the stage. The hairdresser told me not to use my hairdryer too much.
Summarize: 状语变化有其内在规律，时间状语由“现在”改为“原来” ;指示代词由“此”改为“彼” . then now today yesterday tomorrow last week(month) next year two days ago that day the day before 时间 the next(following)day the week(month)before the next year two days before
here there 地点状语： that this these 指示代词 those come bring 动词： go take
Summarize: • 时态的变化
注意：以下几种情况时态 不变 ①直接引语是客观真理。 The teachersaid"The earth moves around the sun .” The teacher told me the earth moves around the sun . ②直接引语是过去进行时，时态不变。 Jack said. “I was doing chores when Tom came to see me” →Jack said he was doing chores when Tom came to see him.
③直接引语中有具体的过去某年、某月、某日作状语， 变为间接引语时，时态不变。 Jack said. "I was born on April 2l, 1980." Jack said he was born on April 21, 1980. ④直接引语如果是一般现在时。表示一种反复出现或习惯 的动作，变间接引语，时态不变。 He said, “I get up at six every morning。” →He said he gets up at six every morning.
在直接引语变为间接引语时需要注意的变化 1. 注意时态的变化 2. 注意人称变化。 3. 注意指示代词的变化 4. 注意时间的变化 5. 注意地点的变化 6. 注意个别趋向动词的变化
1. She said :“I am six years old.” • she said(that)she was six years old.
2. John said: ”I’ll be back tomorrow. ” • Jonh said(that)he would be back the next day
3. Kate said: ”I am watching TV now ” Kate said she was watching TV then 4. He said to me, “Don’t do that again.” He ordered menot to do that again.
5. The boy said: ”I was born on April 11th 1982 ” • The boy said he was born on April 11th 1982. 6.“Why are you late? ” the teacher asked the boy. The teacher asked the boy why he was late. 7.He asked me, “Do you like black tea or green tea？” . He asked me whether I liked black tea or green tea.
8. He said, “please come here again tomorrow.” He asked us/me to go there again the next day. 9.He said , “Mother, the boy is very naughty.” He said to his mother (that) the boy was very naughty. 10. She said, “I will come here again tonight.” She said she would go there again that night.
homewok 1.He asked, “Are you sure your mother will come?’ 2. He asked, “Are you a teacher or a student?” 3. He said to me, “Please come again here tomorrow.” 4. He said to me, “Don’t do that again.” 5. He said, “Where is she going?” 6. “Who lives next door?” she asked. 7. “Don’t swim out too far, children,” mother said.