Basketball. What Is Basketball. Basketball is a team sport played in a court with two netted rings attached to 10-foot poles on either end of the court. Five active players per team attempt to score points by getting a ball through one of the nets. What You Need To Play. A water bottle
Basketball is a team sport played in a court with two netted rings attached to 10-foot poles on either end of the court. Five active players per team attempt to score points by getting a ball through one of the nets.
1.The referee throws up the ball to start the game. Two players from the opposing teams vie to take possession of the ball.
2.The team that catches the ball first plays offense, and the opposing team plays defense.
3. Players of the same team pass the ball back and forth as the opposition attempts to take possession of it.
4. The ball must be continually dribbled (bounced on the floor) as players try to move it toward the ends of the court where the basketball rings wait. Don't walk with the ball, as it is called traveling.
5. Hitting, Pushing and rough contact is a foul, If you get a certain number of them ( usually 5 or
6) You will be taken of court for the rest of the game. If your team gets a number of fouls ( usually 8 or 9) the opposition team will get free throws for every foul after that.
6. The team that scores the most points in the certain time is the winner. If the teams are tied at the end of regulation, the game goes into overtime. Overtime periods are played until one team has more points than the other at the end of an overtime period.
What Is A Foul
In basketball, a foul is either an offensive foul or a defensive foul, and these usually involve contact that is not allowed.
Away-From-the-Play Foul – In the last two minutes of the game, illegal contact by the defense which occurs either deliberately away from the ball, and/or before the ball is released on a throw-in.
Blocking – Physically impeding the progress of another player who is still moving.
Charging – When an offensive player runs into a defender who has established position.
Double Foul – When two opponents commit personal or technical fouls against each other at about the same time.