The Age of Jackson. Missouri Compromise . When Missouri applied to a part of the Union, they had 10,000 enslaved African Americans At the time, there were 11 Free and 11 Slave States represented in the Senate.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
John Quincy Adams Andrew Jackson William H. Crawford Henry Clay
The Electoral College is a process, not a place. The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.
General Andrew Jackson
John Quincy Adams
* It concentrated the nation's financial strength in a single institution.
* It exposed the government to control by foreign interests.
* It served mainly to make the rich richer.
* It exercised too much control over members of Congress.
* It favored northeastern states over southern and western states
Turn to page 125 in your books
Read sections entitled “Native Americans” and “Policy of Removal”
Put in your own words:
“What is it?”
“Why is it significant?”
Answer on a separate piece of paper to turn in