Warm-Up. Which map or maps are most accurate? What does latitude measure? What does longitude measure ? On the map, which is farther north, “A” or “B”?. What is TOPOGRAPHY?. Topography is the physical and natural features of a land
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
represents one elevation
depression contours: a contour line with hachures (dashed lines) to indicate DECREASING elevation.
P.S. You can use your notes on the quiz
4. Name 2 ways maps can be helpful.
5. What are 3 things you might/ should find on a map?
6. What do topographic maps show?
7. Is “A” north or south of the Equator?
8. Is “E” to the east or west of “D”?
9. What are the coordinates of “B”?
10. What is the highest elevation on this topographic map, and which hill is taller?
You get more points for more detail, and to get full credit make sure you include everything a map needs
Map 1: Contour Interval= 10 ft.Map1:
Contour interval = 10 ft.
C =C= 60 ft60ft.Exit Ticket
1. What kind of information can be gathered from a topographic map?
2. On a topographic map, what does the contour line represent?
#3-5 Use the map below:
3. According to the diagram, what is the approximate difference in elevation between point A and point B?
4. What is topographic point 1 actually displaying, based on the elevation levels?
5. According to the diagram, what is the highest point of elevation on the map?