Abnormal Psychology. Learning Target: Classifying Disorders. Daily Question. So I asked you to find a behavior that used to be considered a mental disorder in an older version of the DSM. What did you find? Why do you think psychologists classified these? Do think society played a role?
scenarios that cause anxiety
in danger all
some one could develop
a phobia over.
1.Arachnophobia Fear of Spiders. Half of women and 10 per cent of men have, to some degree, a fear of spiders.
2. Social Phobia Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
3. Aerophobia Fear of flying.
4. Agoraphobia Agoraphobia involves intense fear and avoidance of any place or situation where escape might be difficult or help unavailable in the event of developing sudden panic-like symptoms.
5.Claustrophobia: Fear of being trapped in small confined spaces.
6. Acrophobia: Fear of heights.
7. Emetophobia: Fear of vomit.
8. Carcinophobia: Fear of cancer.
9. Brontophobia: Fear of thunderstorms.
10.Necrophobia: Fear of death or or dead things
flashbacks of the event
of reality and ability
REMEMBER: HOMEWORK! Next Class to have a disorder picked out.
Tune in to the scenario!
This is what makes this disorder controversial.
at the signs of spring.
How might we treat this?
My Great Aunt Clara