World War I. The Americans, Chapter 11. CAUSES OF WWI. 1. Name the four causes of World War I. NATIONALISM -devotion to the interests and culture of one’s nation IMPERIALISM - extending economic and political control over weaker territories
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Americans, Chapter 11
1. Name the four causes of World War I.
3. Who made up the Central Powers?
4. What event started World War I?
On the morning of June 28, 1914, while
traveling in a motorcade through Sarajevo,
Ferdinand and his wife
were assassinated by
5. Why were so many countries involved in WWI?
6. What was Germany’s reason for sinking the Lusitania?
7. What were the two main reasons the U.S. declared war on Germany?
9. Name two ways the U.S. mobilized for World War I?
10.What was the Great Migration?
11. What were the Espionage and Sedition Acts?
to 10,000 and sentenced to 20
years in jail for interfering with
the war effort or for saying
anything disloyal, profane, or
abusive about the government
or the war effort.
(Doesn’t that violate the first amendment?)
12. What were some advances in weaponry during WWI?
13. When did World War I end?
14. What were Wilson’s Fourteen Points?
15. What did the Treaty of Versailles make Germany do?
16. Why did the U.S. not want to join the League of Nations?
(checks and balances)