Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Foreign Research Reactor Spent Nuclear Fuel Acceptance Program Chuck Messick Program Manager, DOE-SR FRR SNF Acceptance Program US Department of Energy Savannah River Operations Office January 9, 2002 Foreign Research Reactor Spent Nuclear Fuel Acceptance Program
Program Manager, DOE-SR FRR SNF Acceptance Program
US Department of Energy
Savannah River Operations Office
January 9, 2002
MTR-Type HI OTHI
FRR Acceptance Program ~3100 ~700
(May 1996 - present)
FRR Acceptance Program ~4600 ~900
(Present - End of Program
Note: Remaining OTHI Countries include 430 for South Korea and 178 for Indonesia
IEA-R1 LEU Potential
Note: Complete-all shipments complete from this country/reactor.
Not Complete-shipments started or contract in place and at least one shipment is planned.
Potential-reactor is eligible, but may or may not participate.
Not Likely-reactor is eligible, but is not expected to participate at this time.
Participation Possible-reactor is eligible and has expressed some interest in participation.
Task No. Company SOW
01 NAC/Edlow Provide Master Plans: Master Transportation Plan,
Master Milestone Plan, Master Security Plan, and Schedule
of Performance and Delivery Requirements.
02 Edlow Transfer of FRR TRIGA SNF to INEEL from S. Korea, Taejon City
and Seoul, and Indonesia, Bandung and Yogyakarta.
03 NAC/Edlow Assist DOE Failed Fuel Task Team in reviewing spent fuel
04 NAC Return of Greek SNF to SRS.
05 Edlow Return of SNF from South America.
06 NAC Return of SNF from Southeast Asia.
07 NAC/Edlow Argonauta Assessment of Reactor in Rio de Janerio, Brazil.
Provide support at programmatic meeting.
08 NAC Transfer of FRR TRIGA SNF to INEEL from Pitesti, Romania
and Ljubljana, Slovenia.
09 NAC/Edlow Provide support at programmatic meeting: NRC Meeting in
10 NAC/Edlow Provide support at programmatic meeting: Meeting with the French
and German regulatory agencies in Paris, France and Bonn, Germany.
11. NAC/Edlow Provide support at programmatic meeting: Meeting in Savannah, GA
to address issues and concerns of future cross-country shipments of
SNF from SRS to INEEL.
12. Edlow Follow-on effort to Task 05: To return SNF from Brazil and
Venezuela that was not shipped under Task 05.
13. NAC/Edlow Support in conducting a facility assessment at the Ezeiza Atomic
Center in Ezeiza, Argentina.
14. NAC Shipment of SNF from Portugal to SRS.
15. NAC/Edlow Provide support at programmatic meeting: DOE-HQ and SR
meeting on FRR SNF program.
16. Edlow Shipment of MTR fuel from Argentina and Chile to SRS.
17. NAC Provide cask and equipment required for a shipment of MTR
fuel from Argentina and Chile to SRS.
18. Edlow Administrative and Logistical support for preparation for a
shipment of TRIGA SNF from Democratic Republic of Congo.
19. NAC Inspection of Kinshasa TRIGA Reactor.
Cost & Price Proposal Data