Verbals, Gerunds and Gerund Phrases. 8 th Grade ELA. Verbals and Gerunds. A VERBAL is a word that has a verb form but that functions as another part of speech. There are 3 types of Verbals – Gerunds, Participles, and Infinitives. GERUNDS
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
8th Grade ELA
A VERBAL is a word that has a verb form but that functions as another part of speech. There are 3 types of Verbals – Gerunds, Participles, and Infinitives.
A gerund is a verb form used as a noun and ending in “ing.”
A gerund phrase includes the gerund, its modifiers, and the words that complete the idea begun by the gerund.
6. A team’s defense features tackling.
7. Blocking is another important element of a good defense.
8. Passing makes football exciting.
9. Testing your skills is an important part of football.
10. Skilled players increase spectators’ enjoyment by adding dramatic action to the game.