WELCOME. TO OUR CLASS!. GAME!. RULES:. GAME!. 1. Who is he?. 1. It starts with the letter “F”. 1. F irefigh t e r . GAME!. 2. Who looks after your children when you’re away?. 2. let’s match. 2. B abysi s tter. GAME!. 3. Who keeps the record of money paid or received of a company?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
TO OUR CLASS!
1. It starts with the letter “F”.
2. let’s match.
3. From whom you receive your salary?
4. It starts with letter “J”.
. vacancy/ˈveɪ.k ə n t .si/ (n) [ C ] a job that no one is doing and is therefore available for someone new to do.
e.g. There is a vacancy for a shop assistant on Saturdays.
. apply/əˈplaɪ/ (v): to request something.
e.g. We've applied to a charitable organization for a grant for the project.
application (n), applicant (n)
. recommend/ˌrek.əˈmend/ (v) to suggest that someone or something would be good or suitable for a particular job e.g. She has been recommended for promotion.
The headmistress agreed to recommend the teachers' proposals to the school governors.
.jot down phrasal verb: to write something quickly on a piece of paper so that you remember it
e.g. I carry a notebook so that I can jot down any ideas.
.qualify/ˈkwɒl.ɪ.faɪ/ (v): to achieve the necessary skills, etc
e.g. She hopes to qualify (as a lawyer) at the end of the year.
[ + object + to infinitive ]This course qualifies you to teach in any secondary school.
.enthuse /ɪnˈθjuːz/ (v) to express excitement about something or great interest in it
He was enthusing over a wonderful restaurant he'd been to.
enthusiasm /ɪnˈθjuː.zi.æz. ə m/ (n)a
enthusiastic /ɪnˌθjuː.ziˈæs.tɪk/ (adj) showing enthusiasm
You don't seem very enthusiastic about the party - don't you want to go tonight?
Task 1: Read the text and decide whether the following statement are true (T) or false (F):
Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence:
2. When you are at the interview, you should show your ............. to work and your sense of responsibility.
3. I’ve just .................... their phone number before I forget it.
C. jot down
D. ask for
4. Have you interviewed the .............. whose resume we discussed yesterday?
5. I ought to apply for this position. I definitely have the ...............
6. I’m writing to ask if you have a ............. in your marketing department for a salesperson.
7. Applicants who are recent graduates are request to submit two letters of .................. from their university professors.
8. The new employee is a person of high sense of .....................