Chapter 7. Physical Geography of Africa South of the Sahara. Name ___________________ #___ Chapter 7 Section 1 (p. 206 – 211) Physical Features. Key Terms: escarpment – steep cliff rift valley – large break in the Earth’s surface formed by shifting tectonic plates
Physical Geography of Africa South of the Sahara
How are rivers used? studied?
6,200 / 100 % = 62%
3. Do you think privatization is a good idea? Explain why or why not in a quality paragraph. (5 – 7 sentences)
Key terms continued… studied?
4. deforestation – widespread clearing of forests without planting new trees
5. ecotourism – visiting a place without causing harm to the environment; eco-tourists go to visit a place’s natural beauty
6. savanna – grasslands with scattered trees
7. desertification – process that turns fertile land into desert
Factors Affecting Climate studied?
Textbook p. 215 studied?
What type of climate borders the deserts?
Writing Assessment Practice is EXTRA CREDIT!