spain n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
(Spain) PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
(Spain)

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 28

(Spain) - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 153 Views
  • Uploaded on

España. (Spain). La Marcha Real (Royal March). The music playing throughout this presentation is Spain’s national anthem. La Marcha Real (Royal March). It is one of the few national anthems in the world to have no official lyrics. La Marcha Real (Royal March).

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about '(Spain)' - adonis


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
spain

España

(Spain)

la marcha real royal march
La Marcha Real(Royal March)

The music playing throughout this presentation is Spain’s national anthem.

la marcha real royal march1
La Marcha Real(Royal March)

It is one of the few national anthems in the world to have no official lyrics.

la marcha real royal march2
La Marcha Real(Royal March)

It was first printed in a document back in 1761 being on of the oldest in the world.

geography of spain
Geography of Spain

Spain is located in southwestern Europe, bordering the bay of Biscay, Mediterranean Sea, North Atlantic Ocean, and Pyrenees Mountains.

geography of spain continued
Geography of Spain (continued)

It is 40˚ latitude and 4˚ longitude and is about twice the size of Oregon.

geography of spain continued1
Geography of Spain (continued)

It is a total of 504,782 sq km.

slide8

The climate is quite temperate; clear, hot summers in the interior of the country, more moderate and cloudy along the coast; cloudy, cold winters in the interior, mostly cloudy and cool along the coast.

slide9

Natural Resources include:

Coal, iron ore, copper, lead, zinc, uranium and mercury.

geography of spain continued2
Geography of Spain (continued)

Spain’s highest mountain is Pico de Teide on Canary Islands. It is 3,718 meters above the sea level.

geography of spain continued3
Geography of Spain (continued)

Spain does not frequently encounter natural disasters, though, they do experience quite dry droughts.

geography of spain continued4
Geography of Spain (continued)

Spain is one of the world's largest exporter of citrus fruits including oranges, mandarins and lemons.

history of spain
History Of Spain

Spain's powerful world empire of the 16th and 17th centuries ultimately yielded command of the seas to England.

history of spain continued
History of Spain (continued)

Spain, formerly known as Hispania, and it’s Kingdom was created in 1492.

history of spain continued1
History of Spain (continued)

Spain also took over land in the Americas stretching from California to Patagonia.

populations and people matters
Populations and People Matters

The entire population of Spain as of July of 2008 is 40,491,052.

populations and people matters continued1
Populations and People Matters (continued)

The life expectancy in Spain is 79.92 yrs.

(Males: 76.6 years) (Females: 83.45 years)

Birth rate: 9.87

Death rate: 9.9

People from Spain are properly referred to as Spaniard(s).

94% of Spain are Roman Catholics leaving 6% being “other”.

national flag of spain
National Flag of Spain
  • Three horizontal bands of red (top), yellow (center double width), and red (bottom)
  • The national coat of arms on the hoist side of the yellow band
  • Yellow - a symbol of generosity
  • Red - hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
vacation spots barcelona
Vacation Spots:Barcelona

Barcelona, with over 4,000 years of history attributed to this one city, is one of the most popular Vacation Spots in Spain.

vacation spots madrid
Vacation Spots:Madrid

Madrid is another of the most visited cities in Spain. Madrid is a city of many famous artists and contains Western Europe’s largest palace called the Palacio Real which has over 2,000 rooms.

references
References

CIA - The World Factbook, March 5, 2009 – Spain

http://away.com/spain/travel-v2-cid5165-barcelona-cid400173-travel.html

http://away.com/destination-overview/family/spain/travel-do-barcelona-386983-sidart_200808_095598.html