1 / 14


Neha S ehgal Sai Krishna Raghul Kavya Haresh. SPAIN. FLAG. Three horizontal bands Red, Yellow, Red Bands & National coat of arms Crown Pillars of Hercules “Plus Ultra” Pomegranate Fleur De Lys Four Quadrants – Castile

Download Presentation


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. Content is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. Download presentation by click this link. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server. During download, if you can't get a presentation, the file might be deleted by the publisher.


Presentation Transcript

  1. NehaSehgal Sai Krishna Raghul Kavya Haresh SPAIN

  2. FLAG • Three horizontal bands Red, Yellow, Red Bands & • National coat of arms • Crown • Pillars of Hercules • “Plus Ultra” • Pomegranate • Fleur De Lys • Four Quadrants – Castile Aragon Navarre Leon

  3. Languages – Castilian -17% Galician -7% Basque - 2% Catalan • Religion - Spain is 99% Roman Catholic . The other 1% of the population practice Christian, Muslim or Jewish traditions. • Famous for paintings & sculpture • PABLO PICASSO

  4. FOOD • Spanish food reflects the history of the country and the diverse Mediterranean culture. • Most of Spain's food is cheap and of high quality. • Spain's national diet consists of using olive oil for cooking and flavoring and a passion for all different kinds of fish. • Most famous Spanish food-PAELLE, TAPAS.

  5. DRINKS • Spain is a Wine drinking country with each region producing its own special wines (Calimocho ). • Coffee- Cafe solo (Black coffee) Cafe con leche (coffee with milk)

  6. CLOTHING: • Very modern outlook on clothing. • Clothes are of high quality & reasonably priced. • Teenage girls tend to wear trousers more than skirts. Denim is definitely 'in'. • If formal dressing is needed we use suit and tie for the men and an appropriate formal dress for the women. • There are different traditional costumes for the different regions of Spain.

  7. SPORTS • Major world sports power, especially since the 1992 Summer Olympics • Traditionally dominated by FOOTBALL –most popular recreation. • Many other team and individual sports like basketball, handball, cycling, tennis, golf.

  8. FESTIVALS • Every month one or two festivals. • “LA-TOMATINO- Valencia tomato fight festival. • On the last Wednesday of August • Every year around 30,00 people descend on the Spanish town of Bunol (in the Valencia region of Spain) to throw more than 240,000 pounds of tomatoes at each other. • “SEMANA SANTA” – week before easter. • “SAN FERMIN”- Every year in July.

  9. BULL FIGHTING • Bull fighting is very closely associated with Spain and can trace its origins back to 711 A.D. • This is when the first bullfight took place in celebration for the crowning of King Alfonso VIII. • It is very popular in Spain with several thousand Spaniards flocking to their local bull-ring each week. It is said that the total number of people watching bullfights in Spain reaches one million every year.

  10. BULL-RUNNING • Every year from July 7th-14th thousands pack into Pamplona to start Spain's most famous bull-running fiesta to honour Navarre capital's patron saint, San Fermin. • Spain stages more than 3,000 fiestas (festivals) each year but the 7 days of bull-running are the favourite in terms of spectacle and excitement.

  11. FLAMENCO • Flamenco is a folk art, around 200 years old. It is from Southern Spain and is individualistic, yet structured. Song, dance and guitar are blended into passionate rhythms which are often improvised and spontaneous. • Exist in three forms- • Cante - the song, • Baile -the dance, & • Guitarra - guitar playing. • Two main styles • "jondo" - the serious and deep meaning • "chico" -happy, light and often humorous. • Ideal in flamenco is called "duende" (demon or elf), which is a state of emotional involvement, group communication at a deep level and a feeling of sympathy, between musicians, dancers and listeners.

  12. WEDDING CUSTOMS • Different regions have different customs. • Groom gives watch to the bride’s father when the proposal is accepted. • Some brides still uphold custom by embroidering grooms wedding shirt. • Wedding ceremony is marked by exchange of 13 Gold Coin in special purse or box. • Wedding dance is called “sequidillasmachegas” • Guest who dance with bride give money to her.

  13. Thank you.

More Related