1. Rikki-tikki-tavi By Rudyard Kipling
2. Setting Since Segowlee cantonment was a British military base in northern India, the story must take place during a time when the British had military stations in India, when India was a British colony.
like the United States of America, India is no longer a British colony. India became independent in 1947
5. Mongoose They subsist on rodents and snakes and are renowned for attacking even the largest and most poisonous snakes
Mongooses have been introduced to many areas of the world in order to control rodents and snakes
But importation of mongooses into the United States is prohibited because they also destroy many useful animals.
7. Tailorbird This bird is typically found in open woodland, scrub and gardens.
They get their name from the way their nest is constructed.
The edges of a large leaf are pierced and sewn together with plant fiber or spiders web to make a cradle in which the actual grass nest is built.
Common Tailorbird builds its nest in a shrub and lays 3-5 eggs.
9. Cobra Snake common name for certain members of a family of venomous snakes, known for their intimidating behavior and deadly bite.
This snake causes many deaths each year in India, where it is regarded with religious awe and is seldom killed.