Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The Cold War, The 1950’s, And Kennedy’s Presidency Test Review Chapters 18, 19, 20. 1. The Interstate Highway System created interstates which expanded the U.S. transportation network. . 2. It divided the country by generation. Younger people loved it, older people hated it.
And Kennedy’s Presidency
Chapters 18, 19, 20
2. It divided the country by generation. Younger people loved it, older people hated it.
4. Senator Joseph McCarthy was know for his persecution of communists, also known as the Red Scare.
5. The purpose of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)is to ensure the defense of all of its members.
6. The Marshall plan was created to help rebuild the war torn countries of Western Europe. One of its primary goals was to prevent the spread of communism in Western European countries.
7. When Stalin closed all routes through East Germany to Berlin, the United States and the British devised the Berlin Airlift to fly needed supplies to the people of West Berlin.
8. Sputnik was the first artificial satellite launched into space by the Soviet Union. This led to the creation of NASA in the United States to be able to compete with the Soviet Union in the Space Race.
10. The Red Scare- innocent people were accused of being members of the Communist Party.
11. Americans began to spend much of their disposable income on movies and television.
12. The federal government began to fund more educational programs in math and science.
15. The purpose of NATO was to pledge a common defense from attack for all its members.
16. To set us apart from the Communists who weren’t allowed to practice religion.
17. We were in need of housing for the returning soldiers as quickly as possible
19. The U.S. would not allow Communism to advance to any other countries.
20. The North Koreans attacked the South Koreans hoping to create one Communist country.
21. Schools had to employ extra teachers to accommodate all the baby boomer children.
22. Greece and Turkey were given monetary aid to stop communist takeover.
24. They were large companies that had defense contracts to make war materials for the government. He felt they could become too powerful.
25. Americans had been conserving resources during the war, but now they were ready to spend their savings.
29. Candidates had to change the way they campaigned. Image replaced the spoken word.
30. President Kennedy urged people to help one another by going to developing countries and assisting in their development.