"Stress and coping: Cause or consequence?". R. Fielding Department of Community Medicine, HKU. Objectives:. distinguish between the different models conceptualizing stress . demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between demands and resources in the generation of threat
Department of Community Medicine, HKU.
Threat is the anticipation of harm.
Threat experience 1
Threat experience 2
- a stimulus’ potential for harm is great or lethal
- the stimulus impact imminent
- there is a high degree of ambiguity in significance of cues signaling stimulus impact
- motivational strength is low
- general beliefs about environment transactions reflect marginal perceived control
- available intellectual resources, education, etc
demands are perceived as exceeding resources or are unknown, or;
resources are perceived as inadequate or unknown.