Università di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale Dipartimento di Scienze Umane, Sociali e della Salute Corso di Laurea in Lingue Moderne a. a. 2013-2014 Dott. Saverio Tomaiuolo / Dott. Naomi Njobvu (Docente Integrato) Lingua Inglese 1 (C. I.). DISCOURSE ANALYSIS. BY PROF NAOMI NJOBVU
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dipartimento di Scienze Umane, Sociali e della Salute
Corso di Laurea in Lingue Moderne
a. a. 2013-2014
Dott. Saverio Tomaiuolo / Dott. Naomi Njobvu (Docente Integrato)
Lingua Inglese 1 (C. I.)
BY PROF NAOMI NJOBVU
UNIVERSITY OF ZAMBIA
27& 28 NOV, 2013.
Additive( and, moreover )e.g.
Temporality ( afterwards, next) e.g.
Causality ( because, since).
Adversative (but, yet, nevertheless etc)
Read the following text and identify 10 cohesive ties and indicate the phoric category of each.
(1) Every traditional establishment constitute an interest group. (2) like any other group of people, it has values and interest it cherishes and would like to perpetuate. (3) Every traditional establishment also has particular relations with the state. (4) these may be positive, if it views the state as being accommodative of its interests and negative if it considers the state as being inimical to them. (5) the type of relations normally determines whether the traditional establishment will be supportive of the part in power during an election or not. (6) And whatever the case, the establishment most invariably urges/directs its subjects to vote in a manner it considers most likely to advance its cause.
ORGANISATION OF INFORMATION
325: Yesterday, I saw a little girl get bitten by a dog. I tried to catch the dog, but it ran away.
326. I saw two young people there. He kissed her.
327. Mary brought us food. The nshima was cold.
328. I bought a new book yesterday. I really like it.
332. My uncle benefited from the will.
333. The will benefited my uncle.
334. The bottle contained a blue liquid.
335. A blue liquid was in the bottle.
(They call me Banda.)
(I felt an utter fool)
INSTRUCTIONS: State whether the text is thematically presented.
Mechanical engineering is the application of science to the creation of useful devices to meet the needs of society. Mechanical engineering focuses on the design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of machinery. The products of their work range from jet engines to minute instruments for use in medicine.