2. What type of voltage is usually required by most electronic equipment?
4. What do you call the filter that uses a capacitor as the first component following the rectifier output?
6. What do you call the filter that uses a coil as the first component following the rectifier output?
10. Which is the most common filter configuration found in power supplies?
To filter means to oppose or reject voltages and currents of certain frequencies while also offering little opposition to or passing of voltages and currents of other frequencies.
17. What do you call a filter circuit that contains resistance and capacitance?
19. If input frequency decreases in an RL circuit, what happens to voltage across the resistor?
A filter that passes high frequencies and discriminates or blocks low frequencies.
A filter that passes low frequencies and discriminates or blocks the high frequencies.
23. How can a capacitor act as a high-pass filter in one instance and as a low-pass filter in another instance?
It is determined by the capacitor’s position either across a load or in series with a load.