Leadership & Motivation. INTRODUCTION INFLUENCING THE BEHAVIOUR OF PEOPLE IN A PARTICULAR DIRECTION IS CALLED ‘LEADERSHIP’ WHILST INSPIRING PEOPLE TO WORK WITH GREATER ZEAL AND COOPERATION TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY IS ‘ MOTIVATION’.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
is a copy
Focus on system & structure
relies on control
asks how and why
eye on the botton-line
accepts the status quo
Does things right
is an original
Focus on people
asks what and why?
eye on the horizon
his own person
Does the Right ThingsManagers and Leaders:
Manage, Recognise the value of Diversity
Climate that encourages creativity
Continuous Learning Self learners
Making the plan
Allocating work and resources
Controlling quality and tempo of work
Maintaining discipline; correcting mistakes
Building team spirit
Encouraging, motivating, giving a sense of purpose
Ensuring communication within the group
Praising of individuals
Knowing individuals personally
Recognising and using special individual abilities
Desire to succeed
works well with peopleMotivation is anything that causes a person to act to change behaviour
1. Be vague
2. Discourage clarifications
3. Discourage repetition of questions
4. Show impatience
5. Criticise even minor errors
6. Do not disclose the purpose / results
7. Change instructions
8. Encourage dependency
9. Set impossible deadlines
10. Improve on everything one does
THEORY XTHEORY Y
2. People are not ambitious, - Can be self-directed have little desire for Responsibility & creative at work if & prefer to be directed. properly motivated
3. Little capacity for creativity - capacity for creativity is widely distributed.
4. Motivation at the physiological - Motivation at the social, & safety levels. esteem & self actualisation levels.
5. Must be closely controlled & - self-control. often coerced.