Visual Arts Performance Task: K-1 Student Work #1 Visual Arts Performance Task K-1 Standards VA1: Media, Techniques and Processes: The student demonstrates understanding and can apply media, techniques and processes.
Performance Task: K-1
Student Work #1
Your class is making a big book about the four seasons and how changes happen in nature. After using several different kinds of materials and kinds of ways to show what seasons look like, you will create an artwork based on one season.
1. Look at and talk about works of art that show seasons using a variety of techniques, media, and themes.
2. Choose a variety of materials and experiment with them to make works of art about the seasons.
3. Meet with your teacher and share your artworks, talking about the kind of materials you best like to use.
4. Make a work of art showing a particular season using your favorite materials.
5. Talk about and share your final artwork with your classmates.
6. Give your teacher your final artwork as well as the rest of your artworks (portfolio).
The student work is produced under the following conditions
Evidence of processes: