Super Fantastic Grammar Day!. Six sentence errors you need to know. If I see one in your summative, I am going to lose it!. Comma Splice. Easiest to recognize, yet most common sentence error: just look for commas in your work. Comma splices join two complete sentences with a comma.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Six sentence errors you need to know. If I see one in your summative, I am going to lose it!
1. We can separate them into two sentences by replacing the comma with a period.
2. We can replace the comma with a semi-colon.
* You can only use a semi-colon when both complete sentences are related. The following is incorrect: Joey went to the grocery store; his dog is named Josh.
A semicolon is a relative of the period NOT the comma!
3. We can replace the comma with a conjunction
- Joey went to the store because he needed to buy eggs for supper.
Rules for subject-verb agreement:
All I have to say about this is:
USE PRESENT TENSE IN YOUR ESSAY!
Unless you are talking about Golding, because he is dead and therefore past tense.