Like Water for Chocolate Chapters 3 & 4. English 84 Spring 2012. Please do the following:. Sign in. Find your folder and take out your Engrade access code (small slip of paper) and any sheets of paper inside. Leave your folder in alphabetical order. Journal Responses.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
This passageiswhen Tita goes to congratulate Pedro and her sister after the marriage ceremony. When she gives Pedro a hug, he holds her tight and whispers that in her ear. It make Tita full of joy but upset Mama Elena. She tells Tita she is no fool after that and is not allowed around Pedro after the wedding.
The way Pedro holds Titamakes her feel good and happy again. It does not say how Rosaurafeels, but everyone else in the room notices he whispered in her ear. This shows how strict Mama Elena is, she was very upset about Pedro telling her anything and says she has played those games before and for Tita not to lie to her about what Pedro said. If Mama Elena has played those games before, does it
mean that she was once in love with someone else other than her father or maybe they had the same struggles as Tita and Pedro that Mama Elena is just trying to protect her from.
This passage shows that Tita’s view on this marriage could change. When Pedro tells her the real reason why he accepts the hand in marriage, it does not upset Tita. Maybe she could forgive Pedro and be happy with him marrying her sister as long as they could still be around each other.
In formal writing, especially about literature, avoid it.
You get the feeling that Mama Elena is a tyrant.
It seems to me that Pedro is selfish.
1. How does Tita take Nacha's death?
2. What gets into the recipe that causes it to act as an aphrodisiac?
3. Discuss Tita and Pedro's newfound form of communication. (Include page number.)
4. Why had Pedro never seen Rosaura naked?
5. What do the following words mean: aphrodisiac (p. 51), tribute (p. 59) and generate (p. 60)?
1. When Pedro sees Tita on her knees bent over the grinding stone (the “erotic” position), he looks at her in a way that “changes their relationship forever” (67). Explain.
2. Tita was upset because at one point, Pedro had “inexplicably stopped raving about her cooking”; what was the real reason he had stopped complimenting her cooking?
3. How do Tita’s feelings towards her nephew differ from how she expected she would feel towards him?
4. How does the mole sauce (that Tita was preparing when Pedro gave her “the look”) affect the guests who eat it at the baptism?
5. What do the following words mean: warranted (p.65), chaste (p. 67), impervious (p.74), and euphoric (p.79)?
If you violate one of the rules above, you will be given a verbal warning. If it happens again, you will be given an absence for the day. If the behavior continues, Form A will be given, which requires a meeting with the dean. If the behavior still continues, Form B is given, which is a suspension.
1. The lab is a significant component of this course. You will attend the computer lab one hour weekly for demonstrations and independent work. This extended practice enables you to deepen your understanding of the course content.
2. Check the lab page of our course website, entitled “Lab Activities,” for detailed information. I will post articles, web links, discussion board assignments, samples and online exercises to help you complete your work.
3. If you cannot finish your lab work during class time, you will need to complete on your own time. It is due at 8:15 p.m. on the following Monday. For example, if a lab assignment is given on Monday, March 5, then it is due on Monday, March 12, at 8:15 p.m.
4. If you are absent, lab assignments are still due. To receive full credit, complete the lab assignment at home by 8:15 p.m. one week after it is assigned. For example, if you are absent on Monday, March 5, you must turn in the work that you missed by Monday, March 12, at 8:15 p.m.
5. If you miss a lab assignment completely, you will need to wait until May 30. Please see the section below entitled “Make-Up Day for Weekly Assignments” for more details.