Plastic surgery is becoming more and more commonplace throughout the United States. Get to know here Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
When looking at plastic surgery trends, it’s good to divide plastic surgery procedures up into different categories.
Cosmetic Surgical Procedures • These procedures will make a bigger, longer lasting impact than less invasive procedures 1)Breast Augmentation- • Breast augmentation is an invasive surgical procedure that increases the size and improves the shape of breasts by placing implants. • There were 290,467 breast augmentations in 2016. During 2015, there were only 279,143. • That is a 4% increase. Since 2000
2) Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) • Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery or an eye lift, removes excess baggy tissue around the eyes. • There were 209,020 eyelid surgeries in 2016. During 2015 • There has been a 36% decrease in the number of eyelid surgeries done annually in the United States
3) Facelift (rhytidectomy) • Rhytidectomy, also known as a facelift, removes excess skin and fat around the face • There were 131,106 facelifts in 2016. During 2015 • There has been a 2% decrease in the number of facelifts done annually in the United States.
4) Liposuction • Liposuction removes fat around the body to reshape it. • There were 235,237 liposuction treatments in 2016. 5) Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) • Rhinoplasty, also known as nose reshaping or a nose job, reshapes the nose to correct disfigurement or improve function. • There were 223,018 nose reshaping surgeries in 2016.
Cosmetic Minimally-Invasive Procedures • Minimally-invasive procedures allow patients to see results without needing to undergo a surgery 1)Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) • Botox, Dysport, etc. paralyzes muscles to remove wrinkles. • There were 7,056,255 botulinum toxin type A treatments in 2016.
2) Chemical peel • Chemical peels come in a variety of types. • There were 1,360,850 chemical peels performed in 2016. During 2015 3)Laser hair removal • Laser hair removal uses a beam of highly concentrated light to destroy hairs at the follicle. • This prevents the need to shave, tweeze or wax in the future.
4) Microdermabrasion • Microdermabrasion uses tiny crystals to exfoliate the skin. • There were 775,014 microdermabrasions performed in 2016. 5) Soft tissue fillers • used to make lips more plump, contour the features, and decrease signs of aging.
Reconstructive Procedures • Unlike the plastic surgery procedures mentioned above, reconstructive surgery focuses on repairing damaged caused by a trauma. 1 Hand Surgery 2 Laceration repair 3 Maxillofacial surgery 4 Scar revision 5 Tumor removal (including skin cancer)
Here are some plastic surgery procedures that did not make it into the top five of their respective categories 1 Breast lift (mastopexy) 2 Buttock lift 3 Dermabrasion 4 Lower body lift 5 Thigh lift 6 Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
5 Thigh lift 6 Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) 7 Upper arm lift 8 Laser skin resurfacing
Note- This article is originally appeared onhttp://physical-health-tips.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-5-plastic-surgery-procedures.html