180 likes | 287 Views
Application. Match 2010. Important. IMPORTANT NOTE : If you experience any technical difficulties during the registration or application process at MyERAS, contact the AAMC ERAS Helpdesk at (202) 828-0413 , or e-mail your inquiry to email@example.com. Abbreviations.
E N D
Application Match 2010
Important IMPORTANT NOTE: If you experience any technical difficulties during the registration or application process at MyERAS, contact the AAMC ERAS Helpdesk at (202) 828-0413, or e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abbreviations Association of American Medical Colleagues-->AAMC Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-->ACGME Common Application Form-->CAF Medical Student Performance Evaluations-->MSPEs Applicant Document Tracking System-->ADTS
1. Contact programs Prior to applying via ERAS, contact the programs of interest to determine their minimum eligibility criteria and ERAS application deadlines.
2. Token, MyERAS, and CAF Request a Residency Token (from July 1, 2009 through May 1, 2010) via ECFMG’s OASIS. Register at the AAMC MyERAS website using your Token (no later than mid-July). Once you have registered at MyERAS, you can begin to work on your Common Application Form (CAF), Profile, and Personal Statement. Each time you apply to a program, these documents will be automatically transmitted for download by the program.
IMPORTANT NOTE IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not certify your CAF until you are absolutely sure the information that you have provided is accurate. Once you certify your application, you will not be able to make changes. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG does not have access to your CAF.
3. Documents Send supporting documents with your AAMC Identification Number to ERAS Support Services at ECFMG for arrival by August 1. All documents should be accompanied by an on-line Document Submission Form (DSF), which must be completed on-line and printed using ECFMG’s OASIS.
How long does scanning take? Due to the heavy volume of incoming documents, the lead time for scanning and uploading documents is up to four weeks. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG makes every effort to have your documents ready for program evaluation starting September 2; however, your timely submission of documents is critical in achieving this common goal.
Deadline for MSPEs/Dean’s letter? IMPORTANT NOTE: Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs) are not available to program directors until November 1. Therefore, the recommended deadline for arrival of MSPEs at ECFMG is October 1.
When documents appear on OASIS? Track the documents received by ERAS Support Services at ECFMG via ECFMG’s OASIS. Please allow five to seven business days from their receipt by ECFMG for your documents to appear in OASIS.
4. NRMP registration Register with NRMP in order to participate in the 2009 Match.
5. Search and select programs Search for and select programs and assign supporting documents.
When to start applying for the programs? On September 2, at 8:00 a.m., Eastern Time in the United States, you may begin applying to ACGME-accredited programs, and ACGME-accredited programs may begin contacting the ERAS PostOffice to download application files.
Important You should make every effort to ensure your supporting documents are received by ECFMG four weeks prior to this date (Sept 02) to ensure your documents are ready for program evaluation and to meet program deadlines.
6. Monitoring/Application Tracking A few days after applying, monitor the status of your ERAS application via the Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS), which you can access from MyERAS. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you experience any technical difficulties during the registration or application process at MyERAS, contact the AAMC ERAS Helpdesk at (202) 828-0413, or e-mail your inquiry to email@example.com.
Important IMPORTANT NOTE: It takes one business day before any scanned document can be transmitted, even if it has been scanned into your temporary holding bin. This interval affects all applicants, including applicants from U.S. medical schools.
7. Subscribe to ECFMG-ERAS Subscribe to ECFMG-ERAS News, a free e-newsletter for IMGs using ERAS, to receive important updates.