Task Force on Hemispheric Transport of Air Pollution TF HTAP. Glynis C. Lough, Ph.D. Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science US Environmental Protection Agency Office of Air & Radiation BAQ Indonesia, December 2006. CONVENTION ON LONG-RANGE TRANSPORT OF AIR POLLUTANTS.
Glynis C. Lough, Ph.D.
Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
US Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Air & Radiation
BAQ Indonesia, December 2006
Sulphur Ground-level ozone
NOx Persistent Organic Pollutants
VOC Acidification and Eutrophication
TRANSBOUNDARY AIR POLLUTION
50 Parties in Europe, North America and Central Asia
Transport may be observed as
From Hajime Akimoto
Contributions to Surface O3 over Tokyo (ppbv)
Yoshitomi, Wild, and Akimoto, 2006
Implementation Committee SPRING
LRTAP Executive Body
EMEP Steering Body
Working Groupon Effects
Working Group onStrategies and Review
Task Force onEmission Inventoriesand Projections
ICP Forests Task Force
Programme Coordinating Centre
Expert Group on Ammonia Abatement
Task Force onMeasurement and Modelling
ICPIntegrated Monitoring Task Force
Task Force on Heavy Metals
Chemical Coordinating Centre
Coordination Centre for Effects
ICP Modelling and Mapping Task Force
Network of Experts on Benefits and Economic Instruments
Meteorological Synthesizing Centre-West
ICP Materials Task Force
Main Research Centre
Expert Group on Techno-economic Issues
Meteorological Synthesizing Centre-East
ICP Vegetation Task Force
Task Forceon POPs
Task Force on Integrated Assessment Modelling
ICP Waters Task Force
Expert Group on
Centre for Integrated Assessment Modelling
Task Force Health
Task Force on
of Air Pollution
1. How does hemispheric transport affect air pollution?
2. How much do emissions in one country or region affect air pollution in another country or region?
3. How confident are we of the results? What is our best estimate of the uncertainties?
5. How may these relationships change over the next 20 to 50 years due to changes in emissions?
6. How may these relationships change due to climate change?
7. What efforts are needed to develop an integrated system of observation data and models?
2007 Interim Report
2009 Assessment Report