MINI CLASS – TEACHER’S GUIDE. * Please, I need the teachers have The Mini Class and Lesson Plan in their hands. This task requires at least four classes.
* Please, I need the teachers have The Mini Class and Lesson Plan in their hands. This task requires at least four classes.
* This activity will help the students develop their abilities in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. This work is based on The Learning Cycle, where the activities begin with a receptive and active functions.
* Explore the genres founded in the text, but be focused at the genre: interview.
* You will use as main material a Speak Up Magazine and copies of Justin Timberlake interview. Parts of the activity will use internet.
a) Activate students background about their idols and what they know about interviews.
b) Practice reading. (Pay attention to pronunciation and students comprehension about the text)
c) For the writing activity, ask them to write a profile about their idol, it’s good because the students will talk about a person who they like and will search (online) for profiles to based their own.
d) The use of Speak Up it’s interesting because you can use the audio with students and ask for an understand feedback. How they assimilate the accent, pronunciation, vocabulary?
e) The speaking activity will work with reading and writing abilities as well. The students will create an oral presentation with their partners and performing an interview using their own profile.
f) After all these activities, ask the students what they learned about genres, interviews, profiles? how they interpreted the listen activity? Ask them for feedbacks as many as possible. (This feedback time is good for a teacher improvement.)
g) To evaluate the whole activity where the students will work their abilities to read, write, listen and speak, you will ask them to create a talk show to their partners and perform it to class.
h) Going beyond classroom, ask the students to look for others examples of genres and bring them to next class to you continue the work.
i) The writing and the work preparation for presentations will be shares in a common email (email@example.com), where the teacher will follow the activities development.
* References: I suggest these, but you can use other types of sites and themes.