The Scientific Revolution. What comes to mind when you think of the word “revolution”?. 1. Are revolutions necessarily violent? Can they be peaceful, without bloodshed? 2. What are appropriate ways to create change when you don’t like what’s going on?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Are revolutions necessarily violent? Can they be peaceful, without bloodshed?
2. What are appropriate ways to create change when you don’t like what’s going on?
3. What’s freedom? What’s truth? Are these worth fighting for?
4. Who are the authority figures in your life? Should you always be obedient to them?
How can you say such things!!
C’mon people! Why are you so resistant to change??
1) Emphasis on reason and systematic observation of nature
2) Formulation of the scientific method
3) Expansion of scientific knowledge
First modern novel:
Miguel de Cervantes
Nobody is forgotten when it is convenient to remember him.
I have other fish to fry.
All that glistens is not gold.
The pen is the tongue of the mind.
Liberty Leading the People (1830)