Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
It’s a blogger’s life - A year in the life of a Web 2.0 beginner First, important things to know... I AM NOT AN ICT EXPERT!!! I am a Spanish teacher, who was taught how to use PowerPoint 3 years ago.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- A year in the life of a Web 2.0 beginner
“If school is to be a truly rewarding experience for today’s students, it must be relevant to them.”
Connected magazine, Learning and teaching Scotland
Reflective teacher blogs
http://edu.blogs.com/edublogs/ (Ewan McIntosh)
www.joedale.typepad.com (Joe Dale)
That’s the theory- how have I actually used the school blog?
- great cultural input
- an interesting homework to end topic of body parts
- Year 8 pupils were mostly humming the song round school for next few days
Who provides the blog facility?
What is a podcast?
- effectively an audio file which is then put onto the Internet
How have I used them?
- Grammar series
- pupil recordings
- pupil grammar explanations
created to help reinforce grammar learning OUTSIDE of the classroom
- responding to a request by a pupil
- FANTASTIC for audio learners
- selected recordings again put onto iTunes
- huge motivator- notable impact on quality
- great revision tool
- pupils listen to their recordings repeatedly whilst editing
Pupil grammar explanations
- benefit of explaining to others
- need for script
- peer assessment on podcasts
- minimal teacher input, maximum output
- pupils then have an immediate revision tool
How to record a podcast...
1) Recording material
How much would it cost a department to have enough of these to share between 2?
Using mobile phones
For example, directions:
- in pairs, pupils decide which room they will give directions to
- write script
- walk around the building and record the directions
- swap phones / bluetooth to each other and follow the instructions
- find out whether they followed instructions appropriately
House and home
- pupils build up to estate-agent style description of their house
- free choice of recording manners
- mobile phone
- voice recording
- video on camera
- the ability to update a blog from distance
e.g. During a trip
- no need to wait a week to get back to the classroom
www.shozu.com – allows you to send materials to the blog from mobiles
www.gabcast.com – an answerphone with a national number, avoiding expensive phone calls.
First question- what is a wiki?
- in effect, a type of webpage which can be edited by anyone who is a member of it
But this video will explain it FAR better than I ever could
Ease of editing in Windows Movie Maker
- effectively drag and drop
- crucial status of trial and error
- learning from your pupils
mine knew far more than me about it!