Welcome to Back to School Night ! 2014-2015. Mrs. Jen SanAntonio (908) 753-5300 x6238. Your “ To-DO ” List. Party sign-up Parent/teacher conference sign-up Write your child a letter. Goals. Teach tolerance and acceptance Increase confidence, independence, and build self esteem
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Mrs. Jen SanAntonio
(908) 753-5300 x6238
Making Meaning and Comprehension Toolkit
These programs teach specific strategies for students to become effective readers.
1. Being a Writer- Students will develop their writing based on their own topics and interests. They will be exposed to many different genres of writing and will be encouraged and hopefully inspired to model different styles of writing. The emphasis is on working through the stages of the writing process - prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading and editing, publishing.
2. Styles of Writing- narrative, expository, descriptive, persuasive, report writing, response to literature
3. Vocabulary – Word of the Day and Word of the Week
4. Grammar - Develop oral language and proofreading skills.
- Comparing and contrasting
- Evaluating how the past affects the present
Class Work/Class Participation (20%)