Winners Never Quit *Robust Vocabulary* Created By: Agatha Lee July 2008 techniques Techniques are routines or methods that help you do something. techniques Coach Shelby taught me some climbing techniques . Do you have any techniques to help you do well at sports? techniques
Created By: Agatha Lee
Techniques are routines or methods
that help you do something.
Coach Shelby taught me
some climbing techniques.
Do you have any techniques to
help you do well at sports?
* What techniques do you use to
help you get your homework done?
* Name some sports or games
that you need special techniques.
* Tell about a chore you do at home. What special technique do you use to get it done?
If something has been made just for you,
then it has been made specially for you.
This gift is specially for you.
Helen’s boots were made specially for her.
Would a cast for a broken arm
be made specially for you?
Would a pencil be made specially for you?
* Tell about some things that are specially made for someone.
* Tell about a time when you made something specially for someone.
* Name some things that are not specially made for someone.
Struggle means you try extra
hard to do something.
The mountain climber had to struggle to climb Mount Everest.
Would you struggle if you had to learn a new language?
* Tell about a time when you had
to struggle to do something.
* Is it fun to struggle
with something new?
* What does it feel like when you have to struggle to hear or see something?
When you walk up a hill or across some ice, traction is what keeps you from sliding.
My mom’s spiked boots gave her traction.
Would you need traction to
ride your bike on a rough rode?
Would you need traction to ride
your bike on a slippery uphill road?
* How can your shoes help you
get traction in an ice rink?
* What are some kinds of surfaces that make it hard to get traction?
Agile means you can
move quickly and easily.
Mia was good at playing
soccer because she was agile.
Do you have to be agile to play checkers?
Do you have to be agile to play basketball?
* Name some animals you would describe as agile. Name some animals that are NOT agile.
* How can you tell if someone is agile?
* What are some games or activities that
you need to be agile to play?
A spectator is somebody who
watches a game or a show.
The spectators cheered
when Mia scored a goal.
Would you be a spectator if
you were watching a football game
or playing in a football game?
* Tell about a time when you
enjoyed being a spectator.
* How is being a spectator different from being a student at school?
* Can you be a spectator on the playground? Why or why not?
Competitive means you try hard
to win or to be the best.
Mia was a competitive player.
Can you be competitive
while you are sleeping?
Would you be competitive if
you were in a jump-rope contest?
* Can someone be too competitive?
Give an example.
* Tell about a time when
you felt competitive.
* Do you think brothers and sisters
can be competitive with each other?
Give an example.
Worthwhile means you think it is important.
Was it worthwhile for Mia to learn that winners never quit?
Is it worthwhile to cheat?
Is it worthwhile to play fairly?
* What is something that
you do that is worthwhile?
* Name a job that you think
is worthwhile. Why do you think
that job is worthwhile?
* Why is going to school worthwhile?
listen to your parents?
was a ___________ at
a Florida State football game.
which prevented me from slipping.
quilt _________ for me.
________ football player.