The John 3:16 of the Old Testament. Genesis 22 and the Offering of Isaac . The Offering of Isaac . The OT is the NT concealed The NT is the OT revealed Divine preview of “Coming Attractions.” 1. A question will be posed that won’t be answered for 2000 years!
Genesis 22 and the Offering of Isaac
1. A question will be posed that won’t be answered for 2000 years!
2. A clear description of true saving faith.
3. The essence of God’s plan of redemption is foreshowed.
1. When God promises we believe and when He commands, we obey.
2. Faith is not a once for all time thing.
3. Gen 15:6 is fulfilled in Gen 22:12 “Now I know . . .”
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHT-EOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. NASU