Download
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD. PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD.

GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD.

200 Views Download Presentation
Download Presentation

GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (PMS) & PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY (PRP) FOR EXECUTIVES AND NON-UNIONISED SUPERVISORS Presented By GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD. 22 JUL 2011

  2. DPE’S GUIDELINES ON PMS • EACH CPSE SHOULD DEVELOP A ROBUST AND TRANSPARENT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM • ‘BELL CURVE APPROACH’ TO BE FOLLOWED WHEREIN – • NOT MORE THAN 10% TO 15% EXECUTIVES TO BE GRADED AS OUTSTANDING / EXCELLENT. • 10% OF EXECUTIVES TO BE GRADED AS BELOW PAR. • NEW PMS TO BE IMPLEMENTED NOT LATER THAN 31 MAR 09

  3. OLD SYSTEM OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL • ABSENCE OF GOAL SETTING PROCESS AND ITS EVALUATION IN ALL LEVELS • NO MID YEAR REVIEW • ONLY ANNUAL ASSESSMENT OF TRAITS • LACK OF LINKAGE BETWEEN PERFORMANCE AND REWARD • CONFIDENTIAL IN NATURE – NOT SHARED, HENCE NO TRANSPARENCY

  4. ACTION TAKEN FOR DEVELOPING NEW PMS • XLRI, Jamshedpur DEVELOPed A ROBUST AND TRANSPARENT PMS • GOAL SETTING PROCESS COMMENCED FROM 01 APR 09 • KPAs & TARGETS MUTUALLY SET BY SUPERIORS AND THEIR SUBORDINATES TAKING “SMART” CONCEPT • TRAINING IMPARTED TO all EXECUTIVES & SUPERVISORS

  5. SALIENT FEATURES OF THE NEW PMS • KRA / KPA SET AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR • MID YEAR REVIEW • PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT BASED ON FOLLOWING TWO PARAMETERS:- (A) ASSESSMENT ON PERFORMANCE PROFILE I.E. ON KRAs / KPAs (WEIGHTAGE – 60%) – BOTH FOR EXECUTIVES & SUPERVISORS (B) ASSESSMENT ON MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES (WEIGHTAGE-40%) IN CASE OF EXECUTIVES (C) ASSESSMENT OF SUPERVISORY COMPETENCIES (WEIGHTAGE -40%) IN CASE OF NON- UNIONISED SUPERVISORS CONTD…

  6. ASSESSED ON A FIVE POINT RATING SCALE • PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL DISCUSSION (PAD) INTRODUCED • FOUR NORMALIZATION / MODERATION COMMITTEES CONSTITUTED • APARs SHOWN TO THE INDIVIDUALS, TRANSPARENCY ACHIEVED • PROVISION FOR APPEAL EXISTS CONTD…

  7. FORMATION OF BELL CURVE THROUGH FORCED DISTRIBUTION METHOD: • ALL OFFICERS AND SUPERVISORS GROUPED IN FIVE LEVELS:- LEVEL–V(HIGH PERFORMERS) - 15 % OF THE TOTAL POPULATION LEVEL–IV - 20 % OF THE TOTAL POPULATION LEVEL–III - 35 % OF THE TOTAL POPULATION LEVEL–II - 20 % OF THE TOTAL POPULATION LEVEL–I(LOW PERFORMERS) - 10 % OF THE TOTAL POPULATION • THE MODERATION COMMITTEES ARE TO GROUP THE EMPLOYEES IN 5 LEVELS WHILE MODERATING SCORES CONTD….

  8. HR DEPTT. WILL FORM BELL CURVES ONE EACH FOR EXECUTIVES AND SUPERVISORS • IN CASE OF ANY ABERRATION IN THE BELL CURVES THE MODERATION COMMITTEES ARE TO FURTHER REVIEW THE APARs • FINAL MODERATED INDIVIDUAL SCORES ARE PLOTTED TO FORM THE BELL CURVES, ONE FOR EXECUTIVES & ONE FOR SUPERVISORS CONTD….

  9. OUTCOME OF THE BELL CURVE DRAWN IN RESPECT OF EXECUTIVES AND NON-UNIONIZED SUPERVISORS FOR THE YEAR 2009-10 IS AS UNDER:- CONTD….

  10. DISTRIBUTION OF OFFICERS AT VARIOUS LEVELS IN BELL CURVE (LINE CHART)

  11. DISTRIBUTION OF SUPERVISORS AT VARIOUS LEVELS IN BELL CURVE (LINE CHART)

  12. PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY (PRP)

  13. PRE-REQUISITES FOR PAYMENT OF PRP AS PER DPE’S GUIDELINES VIS-A-VIS GRSE STATUS (PRP PAID FROM THE YEAR 2009 – 10) CONTD….

  14. CONTD….

  15. CONTD….

  16. METHOD OF CALCULATION OF PRP AS DEFINED IN THE REPORT OF 2NDPRC • GRSE FOLLOWED THE METHODOLOGY FOR COMPUTATION OF PRP FOR THE YEAR 2009-10 AS PER DPE GUIDELINES AND 2ND PRC COMMITTEE

  17. GRSE PRP SCHEME • FOR OFFICERS & SUPERVISORS, MODERATED APAR SCORE CONSIDERED AS INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE RATING • ACTUAL PHYSICAL ATTENDANCE SHOULD BE MINIMUM 30 DAYS • FOR SEPARATION CASES PRO-RATA PAYMENT MADE SUBJECT TO 30 DAYS PHYSICAL ATTENDANCE • FOR PROMOTION CASES DURING THE YEAR, PRP CALCULATED ON PRO-RATA BASIS FOR TWO GRADES SEPARATELY CONTD….

  18. FOR SUSPENSION CASES, PRP IF EXONERATED • NO PRP FOR MAJOR PENALTY CASES • NO PRP IF ANY INCUMBENT RESIGNS WITHIN ONE YEAR OF JOINING • NEWLY RECRUITED OFFICERS / SUPERVISORS ENTITLED PROVIDED PHYSICAL ATTENDANCE MORE THAN 30 DAYS, PAYMENT AFTER COMPLETION OF 01 YEAR SERVICE

  19. AMOUNT OF PBT & PRP PAID FOR THE YEAR 2009 – 10 • PBT FOR THE YEAR 2009-10 - RS 13075 LAKH 3% OF PBT - RS 392.24 LAKH PLUS • LOWER OF 10% INCREMENT PROFIT = RS 417.70 LAKH (RS 13075 LAKH – RS 8898 LAKH) OR 2% OF PBT = RS 261.50 LAKH - RS 261.50 LAKH TOTAL - 5 % OF PBT RS 653.74 LAKH TOTAL PRP PAID - RS 653.74 LAKH

  20. DISTRIBUTION OF PRP

  21. THANK YOU