Corporate Culture: A Global Perspective . Corporate Culture is… Influenced by national culture and 2. Sustained by corporate leadership. What is corporate culture?. Corporate culture is a manifestation of the informally sanctioned corporate attitude.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A Global Perspective
Corporate culture is a manifestation of the informally sanctioned corporate attitude.
It is often referred to as “Organizational DNA” or the “Organizational Soul.”
It is a fundamental contributor to the success or failure of corporate strategies.
The First Step on the Path to Implementing a Successful Global Strategy…
Understanding the Relationship between
National Culture and Corporate Culture
National culture is the mental programming of a group of people. It is comprised of the values, customs, and belief systems shared by a particular group of individuals.
Dr. Geert Hofstede
Contributions of Geert Hofstede
Business Ethics: It can be argued that some dimensions of business ethics are fluid. Cultural norms can differ between countries. What is unacceptable in one country may be perfectly acceptable in another.Thus… A healthy corporate culture will encourage employees to observe, learn, and avoid passing judgment too quickly.
Cultural Core Concepts
It’s not about Magic – It’s about Management
2. In a strong-culture company, culturally-approved behaviors and ways of doing things are nurtured while culturally-disapproved behaviors and work practices are discouraged.
3. In adaptive cultures, there is a spirit of doing what is necessary to ensure long-term organizational success.
4. Adaptive cultures are exceptionally well suited to companies with fast-changing strategies and market.
5. The tighter the culture-strategy fit, the more the culture steers company personnel into displaying behaviors and adopting operating practices that lead to successful strategy execution.
6. It is in management’s best interest to dedicate considerable effort to building a corporate culture that encourages behaviors and work practices conducive to good strategy.
7. A company’s culture is grounded in and shaped by its core values and the bar it sets for ethical behavior.
8. A multinational company needs to build its corporate culture around values and operating practices that travel well across borders.