Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
DATATEL IPEDS Report Setup – Populating the Federal Cohort Group Field. Paul G. Earls Research Analyst Central Piedmont Community College. IPEDS Cohort Assignment Queries.
DATATEL IPEDS Report Setup – Populating the Federal Cohort Group Field Paul G. Earls Research Analyst Central Piedmont Community College
IPEDS Cohort Assignment Queries In order for the IPEDS Federal Reports in Datatel to operate properly, the field STA.FED.COHORT.GROUP in the STUDENT.ACAD.LEVELS file must be properly populated. The queries presented here were written to accomplish this.
IPEDS Cohort Assignment Queries These queries came about through the collaborative efforts of: Vicki Strayer and her staff at NCCCS along with: Charles Cox and IT staff at Central Piedmont Community College.
IPEDS Cohort Assignment Queries Overview • Create needed Virtual Field • Test Virtual Field • Run Query IPEDS_Full_Time.wis • Run Query IPEDS_Part_Time.wis • Update student cohorts
1) Create Virtual Field The following virtual field will need to be created to pull the students’ educational goal into the STUDENT.TERMS file. 1) TOOL ->ST -> DCC Demand Columns: STTR.STUDENT PST.EDUC.GOALS Comp Column Code: string xlResult1; key xKeyPersonSt for file PersonSt; xKeyPersonSt = vSttrStudent; xlResult1 = vlPstEducGoals; return xlResult1;
1) Create Virtual Field (cont.) Logical File Name: STUDENT.TERMS Bundle: USER Display Size: 2 Justification: L Left Report Header: EDU Goal Single/Multivalue: M Multi Once all of the above information is entered generate the computed column by entering Yes in the Generate field. Click Save. If computed column generates without error you will be returned to a dialog box.
2) Test Virtual Field To test X.STTR.PST.EDUC.GOALS run the following Query:
2) Test Virtual Field (cont.) If Virtual Field worked correctly the output from the query will contain data within the EDU Goal column.
3) Run IPEDS Full Time Query Run the IPEDS_Full_Time.wis query. When IPEDS_Full_Time.wis is executed a prompt will appear asking you for the Fall Term, Fall Start Term, and Summer Start Term. Enter the terms needed (ex: 2007FA). Then click Ok. The results are created in the Saved List FED.COHORT.FT.
4) Run IPEDS Part Time Query Run the IPEDS_Full_Time.wis query. When IPEDS_part_Time.wis is executed a prompt will appear asking you for the Fall Term, Fall Start Term, and Summer Start Term. Enter the terms needed (ex: 2007FA). Then click Ok. The results are created in the Saved List FED.COHORT.PT.
5) Update Student Cohorts Go to CHGA – Cohort Group Assignment. Student records will be updated on STAL – Student Academic Level once this process is executed. This process will need to be executed twice. The first time will be for the full time students and will use the FED.COHORT.FT saved list. The second time will be for the part time students and will use the FED.COHORT.PT saved list. Federal Cohort Group: Enter the Cohort Group to be assigned. (Ex: 2007FT or 2007PT) Saved List Name: Enter the saved list name created that corresponds to the Cohort Group (FT or PT) Save and update.
Steps To Setup For IPEDS Reports 1) Enter parameters into IPEDS Inst Char Params (ICHP) screen 2) Enter parameters into IPEDS Fall Enrollment Params (IFEP) screen 3) Enter parameters into IPEDS GRS Report Parameters (IPRM) screen
IPEDS Fall Enrollment Survey (IFES) Screen First run the (W)ork File Build – Save & Update
….And Wait! For CPCC this process takes about 6 hours – it will vary depending on the size of your institution
IPEDS Fall Enrollment Survey (IFES) Screen And Finally (R)un the Report – Save & Update
Paul G. EarlsResearch AnalystCentral Piedmont Community CollegePhone: 704-330-6399FAX: 704-330-6013Email: email@example.com