VHA Training for Staff Who Provide Information on Advance Directives and Assistance with Completing Advance Directives. Training Outline . Approximately 60 minutes. Learning Objectives.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Approximately 60 minutes
1. Give patients pertinent educational materials
2. Encourage patients to discuss their preferences for future health care with their loved ones
3. Explain the benefits of advance care planning and of advance directives (especially for patients at high risk of losing decision-making capacity)
4. Highlight the particular benefits of appointing a health care agent (especially if a problem related to surrogacy is anticipated)
5. Describe the limitations of advance directives
3. Initiating ACP conversations more frequently with patients who are at high risk of losing decision-making capacity.
4. Assisting or referring patients who request more information or help completing forms.
Explain to patients that:
Patients should think about appointing a Health Care Agent if:
Start by having a general conversation about health care preferences:
When assisting patients with completing a living will:
This certifies that
Has successfully completed
VHA Training for Staff Who Provide Informationon Advance Directives
Assistance with Completing Advance Directives
Trainer’s name: ___________