Evolution Of Mngt . Thought – Ms. Meera Mody. Content :. Introduction Scientific management By Taylor - Time & Motion Study - Differential Payment - Drastic Reorganization & Supervision - Scientific Recruitment & Training - Co-Operation between workers & Mngt.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Time & Motion Study
- Differential Payment
- Drastic Reorganization & Supervision
- Scientific Recruitment & Training
- Co-Operation between workers & Mngt.
Ref : L. M. Prasad
- business fields in which management was applied was held low, unworthy of study, treatment of management as an art instead of science & commonly held belief that mngrs are born & not made.
- Management practiceners
to develop principles & ultimately make the organization more effective.
This factors led to the development of varieties of approches in management.
1. Classical Approach
- Scientific Mngt.
- Administrative mngt.
2. Behavioral Approach
3. Systems Approach
4. Contingency Approch
“Scientific Management is concerned with knowing exactly what you want men to do & they see that they do it in a best & cheapest way”
Taylor suggested 2 new concepts:
1. Seperation of planning & doing.
2. Functional Foremanship
3. management Finally, Scientific management gave ‘one best way’ of doing job.
1. Security Need
2. Social Need
3. Egoistic Need
which motives him for more potentially than his desire for money after starvation level.
There is no such thing as ‘one best way’, because no two individuals can be expected to work in the same way at the same rhythm, with the same attention & same learning speed.