60 likes | 243 Views
Remittance Company Commitments . Comply with all relevant laws in the countries in which they choose to operateEngage in dialogue and communicate any questions or concerns they may have to the host countryUtilize the SFSA to fulfill their training, advocacy and compliance needs. SFSA Commitments.
E N D
1. Way Forward The Paths We Will Take
2. Remittance Company Commitments Comply with all relevant laws in the countries in which they choose to operate
Engage in dialogue and communicate any questions or concerns they may have to the host country
Utilize the SFSA to fulfill their training, advocacy and compliance needs
3. SFSA Commitments Provide technical training to its members with donor support
Advocate and lobby for the Somali remittance sector amongst the banking, regulatory and legislative sectors
Ensure that proper auditing and accounting standards are met by their members
Keep members updated with all current regulations and financial requirements
4. UNDP Commitments Conduct workshops in host countries to bring together regulators, legislators, bankers, academics and the Somali remittance sector
Assist in training on advocacy and compliance needs
Support the Somali remittance sector in improving its image and reputation
Work through the SFSA in all activities
5. Our Hopes for the Regulators Recognize the commitment of the Somali remittance sector and its unique situation in the financial community
Welcome SFSA advocacy and training of its members and assist where possible
Continue dialogue with the remittance companies through the SFSA and provide access to new regulations as they arise
6. Final Thoughts How can we involve the banking sector in future discussions?
What can the remittance companies offer the banking sector in order to facilitate increased commercial collaboration?
How can the remittance sector ensure continued dialogue with the regulators?
What outputs would each of the stakeholders present expect as a result of this conference?
Where would it be most beneficial to hold future conferences and workshops, and what would you want included in them?