CHAPTER 5: The e-Marketing Mix. Creating value…. Learning objectives. Apply the elements of the marketing mix in an online context; evaluate the opportunities that the Internet makes available for varying the marketing mix; define the characteristics of an online brand.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
in the value chain?
Figure: The elements of the marketing mix
Corporate brand…product brand…service brand…
Websites as brands…
How we see ourselves...
How others see us...
1. Migrate traditional brand online.
2. Extend traditional brand: variant.
3. Partner with existing digital brand.
4. Create a new digital brand.
1. A communication channel only.
2. A distribution channel to intermediaries.
3. A direct sales channel to customers.
4. Any combination of the above.
1 Advertising (broadcast, print, outdoor)
2 Sales promotion (prizes, gifts, contests)
3 Personal selling (face-to-face or voice-to-voice)
4 Public relations (relationship & communication
with important “publics”)
5 Direct marketing (SPAM, pop-ups, offers)