Today in Science. You will Need: Pencil, Colored Pencils, Calculator Introduction to Density – Bookshelf – 2 sheets 4 sides Cornell Notes – Physical vs. Chemical – DO NOT TURN IN YET. Reminders. Test #1 – Parent Signature + 5 corrections and WHY YOU MISSED THEM- Due tomorrow
You will Need:
Pencil, Colored Pencils, Calculator
Introduction to Density– Bookshelf – 2 sheets 4 sides
Cornell Notes – Physical vs. Chemical – DO NOT TURN IN YET
Test #1 – Parent Signature + 5 corrections and WHY YOU MISSED THEM- Due tomorrow
Test #1 Retakes – Schedule on front board
At the end of your Cornell Notes for Physical vs. Chemical:
1) Tell what the difference is between Physical & Chemical Changes…..or how can you determine whether a substance has gone through a physical or chemical change?
2) Why is density an effective way of identifying a specific type of matter?
Intro to Density “Agent P”?
How tightly packed the particles are in a substance.
1. What is mass effected by?
A block of iron has very tightly packed compared to aluminum.
2. Will changing the volume change the density?
NO. Density is a RATIO between mass and volume….the particles remain packed the same way no matter what the size of the sample.
3. What are three ways to find volume? “Agent P”?
Yes. You will have more particles so mass will increase. BUT the density is the same.
4. Will changing the volume change the mass?
Copy chart onto Cornell Notes
Test #1 – Signature + 5 Corrections & why you missed them Due tomorrow