Today in Science. You will Need: Pencil, Colored Pencils, Calculator Introduction to Density – Bookshelf – 2 sheets 4 sides Cornell Notes – Physical vs. Chemical – DO NOT TURN IN YET. Reminders. Test #1 – Parent Signature + 5 corrections and WHY YOU MISSED THEM- Due tomorrow
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
You will Need:
Pencil, Colored Pencils, Calculator
Introduction to Density– Bookshelf – 2 sheets 4 sides
Cornell Notes – Physical vs. Chemical – DO NOT TURN IN YET
Test #1 – Parent Signature + 5 corrections and WHY YOU MISSED THEM- Due tomorrow
Test #1 Retakes – Schedule on front board
At the end of your Cornell Notes for Physical vs. Chemical:
1) Tell what the difference is between Physical & Chemical Changes…..or how can you determine whether a substance has gone through a physical or chemical change?
2) Why is density an effective way of identifying a specific type of matter?
How tightly packed the particles are in a substance.
1. What is mass effected by?
A block of iron has very tightly packed compared to aluminum.
2. Will changing the volume change the density?
NO. Density is a RATIO between mass and volume….the particles remain packed the same way no matter what the size of the sample.
Yes. You will have more particles so mass will increase. BUT the density is the same.
4. Will changing the volume change the mass?
Yes, less particles per volume = less density.
Yes. You will have more particles so mass will increase. Density is the same because particles are packed the same way.
6. Will changing the volume change the mass? The density?
Copy chart onto Cornell Notes
Answer in complete sentences:
11. Explain why a substance, such as iron, cut into different sizes, would still have the same DENSITY.
Test #1 – Signature + 5 Corrections & why you missed them Due tomorrow