Work Breakdown Structure A hierarchical system which sub-divides larger elements of the project into smaller elements called “work packages”. C OST C ONTROL Project cost control begins with the preparation of the cost estimate and the construction budget.
Project must be structure into small elements that are:
1. Represents units of work at the level where the work is performed.
2. Clearly distinguish one work package from all others.
3. Contains clearly defined start and end dates that are representative of physical accomplishment.
4. Specifies a budget in terms of dollars, man-hour or other measurable units.
5. Limits the work to be performed to relatively short periods of time to minimize the work in progress.
Objectives of Establishing Project Cost System.
1. Keep the construction costs of the project within the established budget,
2. Develop labor and equipment productivity information for estimating the cost of future work
Work Type Code
9708B 05 03157.20 3
9708B05 03157.20 3
0315 Concrete Formwork
03157 Wood Concrete Formwork
03157.20 Wood Concrete Formwork for Deck
03157.30 Wood Concrete Formwork for Abutment
9708B 05 03157.203
CSI (Construction Specifications Institute) and UCI (Uniform Construction Index).