Canada in Global Organizations Canada is a member of the following organizations Unites Nations Commonwealth of Nations Group of Eight G8+5 La Francophonie Organization of the American States North Atlantic Treaty Organization Organization for Economic Co-operation and Devolopment
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
-The General Assembly
-The Security Council
-The Economic and Social Council
-The International Court of Justice
The photograph below was taken at the most recent summit, in Lima, Peru from November 22nd-23rd, where the leaders wore ponchos.
A) United Nations
B) G8 + 5
C) Organization of Atlantic States
D) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
2. What organization is the United Nations replacing?
A) World Trade Organization
B) League of Nations
C) United Countries
D) Nations United
3. Who is the head of the Commonwealth of Nations?
A) Queen Elizabeth
B) Queen Elizabeth I
C) Queen Elizabeth II
D) Queen Elizabeth III
5. Which countries are the +5 in the G8+5?
A) South Africa, Mexico, India, China, Brazil
B) Mexico, South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, China
C) Brazil, Japan, Chile, Mexico, Argentina
D) South Africa, Taiwan, India, China, Mexico
6. Members of La Francophonie must...
A) Have French as their official language
B) Be predominantly French speaking country
C) Have a large community of recent French immigrants
D) Be predominantly French speaking or have a large minority of French-speaking people
A) Canada chose not to join the OAS when it became independent from Great Britain.
B) In Canada was very involved in the formation of the Unit for the Protection of Democracy
C) In 2004-2005 Canada contributed $9.4 million to the OAS
D) Canada became a full member of the OAS in 2002
2. The three members of NAFTA are ____________, ___________ ____________ and _____________
3. The NAFTA agreement was signed by ______ Clinton, _________ __________ and Carlos Salinas de Gortari.
4. The G8 countries are all in the ________________ hemisphere.
1. The dispute between NAFTA countries Canada and the United States about Canadian softwood lumber began when: