JOURNAL #1. What general traits do all arthropods share? List at least 5 common traits. PHYLUM ARTHROPODA. Kingdom Animalia. Phylum Arthropoda. Subphylum Chelicerata. Subphylum Crustacea Lobster Crab Shrimp Crayfish Barnacles Isopods. Class Merostomata Horseshoe crab.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1stAntennae- long; sense, feed, taste
2ndAntennules- short; sense, feed, taste
3rdMandibles- chewing & grinding
4th, - 6thmaxillae- small, hair-like; respiration, food handling, taste
7th, 8thmaxillipeds- larger than maxillae, food handling, taste
1. Scavengers & predators- eat other invertebrates, some plants
2. Foregut/stomach- enlarged part of stomach in cephalothorax;contains tooth-like structures (gastric teeth) for grinding food.
3. Digestive gland- secrete enzymes into stomach & store food.
4. Intestine- embedded in muscular abdomen.
1. Green glands- kidney-like organs located behind 2nd pair of antennae.
2. Renal pore- ammonia liquid waste released through this pore in front of head.
a. Kidney b. Green gland c. cheliped
a. Pleopods b. Chelipeds c. tweezers
a. Maxillipeds b. Mandibles c. telson
a. Scorpion b. Horseshoe crab c. tick
a. Pedipalps b. Spinnerets c. abdomen
DAILY QUIZ #1