Unit 2 School life Reading. 扬州中学教育集团树人学校 郎旭辉. guys （复数常为呼语）各位，朋友们 Hello, you guys. = Hello, everyone. g uy ( 口语）家伙. a lovely guy. a mix ed school 男女混合的学校. Home E c o n o m i cs 家政课. s ew ing 缝纫. c oo king. t a sty 味道好的. s o ftb al l 垒球. b u dd y 好朋友，搭档
Hello, you guys.
= Hello, everyone.
a lovely guy
a Buddy Club
a mixed school 男女混合的学校
Home Economics 家政课
a. a close friend , partner
b.anyone male or female
c.a student in the last year of high school
d.a person admired by many people
e. a subject about cooking and sewing
( b )
( e )
( a )
( c )
( d )
1. Hello, everyone! = Hello, ____!
2. We always work together. He is my _____.
3. Would you please _____ that dress for me?
4. She is a _____ student in 12th grade.
5. She knows everything and helps me a lot. She is my ____.
What do you think a British or an American school would be like?
1.Who wrote this letter?
2.What activity does the school
have every year?
They have Reading Week every year.
1. Who wrote this letter?
2. Who else are mentioned(提
到）in the letter?
Jim and Julie
True or False
( F )
( T )
didn’t know how to cook
( F )
5. The students can read any books from the school library, but they can’t bring in books from home.
6. They think Reading Week is too short because they want to read more books.
( T )
( F )
( T )
1. What did Jim do in school last year?
2. How does Nancy go to school every day?
3. What do the students do at the buddy club?
4. What does Nancy do during lunchtime?
5. What do they sometimes do after school?
He had driving lessons in school last year.
She goes to school in her brother’s car.
Older students talk to new students about school life.
She meet her friends and they have a great time talking to each other.
Sometimes they go to shopping malls.
What’s the life in a British / an American school like?
Woodland School, London
Home Economics; Reading Week
Likes learning how to cook and sew;
can read anything he likes
Rocky Mountain High School, Denver
Softball; The Buddy Club
Twice a week; Every Monday
Loves the game; enjoys it a lot
Life in a Japanese school
Life in a Canadian school
Which of the four schools are you most interested in? Why?
If your group would set up a new school, what is your school like?
1. Search the Internet for more information about the school life in other countries.
2. Finish off the exercises from B1 to C2.
Thank you !