DOS WEEK OF MAR 24-28. DOS MONDAY 1. Beaches that have eroded are reclaimed through ________________. Weathering Deposition Beach nourishment Mass movement. DOS MONDAY 2. The following across a river can cause: A beach to erode because it holds back sediment
1. Beaches that have eroded are reclaimed through ________________.
2. The following across a river can cause:
A beach to erode because it holds back sediment
Deposition at a beach because sediment is NOT held back
Both of the above
None of the above
3. ________________ is a method farmers use to plant crops built on hillsides in layers.
None of these
4. A microscope is better than a magnifying glass to look at a leaf cell because:
It weighs more than a magnifying glass.
It cost more than a magnifying glass.
It makes objects appear larger than magnifying glass.
It’s easier to use than a magnifying glass
5. A shark is a vertebrate because it
Lives in the ocean
1. Longshore currents help create:
Beaches which is the area of land along a river or ocean
Dunes or hill of sand
Drumlins, a mound of soil and rock formed from glaciers
2. How do earthquakes change the land?
They transport sediment
They form cracks in the surface
They release ash and lava
They cause chemical weathering
3. Technology helps scientist by
Increasing the accuracy of their measurements
Reducing the need to take measurements
Decreasing the need to make observations
Decreasing the need to compare observations
Which characteristic is ONLY true of mammals?
They look like their parents.
They only live on land.
They nurse their young with milk.
They have backbones.
5. Which of the following is the first step in the scientific method?
Ask a question.
Analyze your data.
Draw a conclusion.
None of the above.
1. Scientist have classified the animal kingdom into two main groups which are:
Species and phylum
Plants and animals
Vertebrates and invertebrates
Vertebrates and mammals
2. The table below lists a scientist recordings when different substances were mixed together. Which test shows a chemical change occurred?
Test 1 and 3
Test 2 and 4
Both of these above
None of these above
3. Heaven looks through a microscope and sees small block structures. What is she MOST likely looking at?
4. Some of Earth’s landforms occur due to the following process: first weathering, next is __________, then deposition.
5. A ___________ is a person who studies earthquakes.
1. Which of the following in NOT correct?
A bar graph compares data.
A circle graph displays fractions or percentages.
A line graph shows change over a period of time.
A thermometer measures the weight of an object.
Which tool would you use to study what is occurring in this picture?
All of these
Which statement is NOT correct?
.75 = ¾
9/10 = .90
.8 = 4/5
2/4 = .24
4. ______ are rows of plants or fences that slows wind in an attempt to control soil erosion.
5. Women are excellent cooks. This statement is an example of:
All of these