The Punic Wars. Rome v. Carthage, 264-146 BC. Carthage was a colony of the Phoenicians and controlled much of the island of Sicily Main cause of Punic Wars was competition for Mediterranean trade Control of Sicily. Large Size Huge navy Great wealth from trade Mercenary army
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Carthage had superior navy
- Rome builds a navy by copying shipwrecked Carthaginian warship
- Hannibal & his men lived off the land & by stealing
- Never able to capture Rome
- Planned to invade Carthage to force Hannibal to leave Italy & return to N. Africa
Hannibal and Scipio meet before the battle