BLR’s Safety Training Presentations. Respirator Fit Testing 29 CFR 1910.134 App. A. Goals. General fit test requirements and qualitative fit test procedures Quantitative fit test procedures Quiz. Selecting a Respirator. Choose from different models and sizes Find the best fit
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Respirator Fit Testing29 CFR 1910.134 App.A
1. What should you consider when assessing the comfort of a respirator?
2. How should you check your respirator’s seal each time you put it on?
3. What is the purpose of the test exercises?
4. What is another name for isoamyl acetate?
5. How do you breathe during the saccharin fit test?
6. How many squeezes of BitrexTM does a person get during the fit test?
7.What are some of the health hazards of the irritant smoke test?
8.What does a quantitative fit test measure?
9.What does the CNP test require after each exercise?
10.What different test exercises does the CNP REDON test require?
1. Position on nose, room for eye protection, room to talk, fit on cheeks
2. Perform positive and negative seal checks
3. To simulate movement during work to see if the respirator remains sealed
4. Banana oil
5. Breathe through open mouth with tongue out
6. The same number it took to taste the Bitrex during the taste threshold screening
7. Irritates eyes, lungs, and nasal passages
8. Concentrations inside and outside the respirator
9. Hold breath for 10 seconds during sampling
10. Employee must remove and redon the respirator two times