Chapter 6. Subnetting Basicsl. Summary of the Three Classes of Networks. Subnetting. Benefits Reduce Network Traffic Routers breakup Broadcast Domains Optimal Performance Simplified Management Subnets Allow you to break large networks into smaller ones
FIGURE 11-2 IP address before and after subnets
IP Address and Subnet Mask are logically ANDed to determine the network/subnet portion of an IP address
FIGURE 11-4 Subnetted network connected to the Internet
Given: IP Address : 126.96.36.199 Subnet Mask: 255.255.240.0How many subnets?
What is the Subnet Number?
How many hosts?
What is the Host Number?
1. How many subnets does the subnet mask produce?
2. How many valid hosts per subnet? 2y
3. What are the valid subnets?
4. What is the broadcast address of each subnet?
5. What are the valid hosts in each subnet?