Imperialism. SWBAT. Examine the causes the imperialist policy pursued by the united states in the late 19 th and early 20 th century. Warm-Up. What were the causes of imperialism? Provide examples. Imperialism.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What is shown in this political cartoon? (List all the things you see)
2. What two time periods are shown in this cartoon? (Dates!)
3. How much land does the US have in 1798?
4. How much land does the US have in 1898? (what was acquired?)
5. What does the eagle symbolize?
6. Sum it up: Explain the meaning of this political cartoon.
A stronger nation trying to gain political/economic control over a weaker nation.
-creating overseas markets
-Spread of Christianity
****IMPERIALISM = THE PURSUIT OF AN EMPIRE*****
You will have a quiz on this on Thursday