Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
State System on Protection of Children’s Rights and Legal Interests at Local Level The Kyrgyz Republic , Bishkek , 12-14 May 2009. The number of children under 18 years old makes 42\% from the total size of 5 mln. people .
2/3 of the population are rural citizens who live in 472 ayil okmotys (village administrations)
10% of population are beneficiaries of allowances for low income families, out of them 97% - are children.
There is a growing number of disabled children (from 6,0 thousand in 1990 up to 20,3 thous. children in 2007).
There is the increasing number of children deprived of parental care, “street” children engaged in prostitution, abusing alcohol, drugs, etc.;
The juvenile delinquency rate remains to be high and the prevalent vagrancy among children contribute to committing offences;
The number of children who dropped schools according to the research findings made 70 thousand children;
Annually 40 parents are deprived from parental rights and in more than 4000 families children are left with one of the parents in the result of divorces.
There is a trend of decreased parental responsibility for upbringing children.
Lack of prevention activities in the places of children residence
Such trends adversely affect and reduce the social viability of population and if the government does not pay special attention to childhood challenges all this may lead to degraded society.
The Executive Body – the Unit in President’s Administration
The Executive Body - State Agency on Sports, Physical culture, Youth and CP
Ministry of Labor
Ministry of Education
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Interior
Local State Administrations
Executive Body– FCSD
Executors – a specialist on social issues,
supportInteraction of Agencies Responsible for Protection of Child Rights and Their Interests
Children and Their Families
At National Level:
At District Level:
Rayon State Administration
At Local Self-Governance Level):
- furthermore, 88% of children are social orphans
Left with no Parental Care, with Special Needs and in Crisis
According to the Family Code the Government incurs accountability for children left with no parental care. Currently the international organization provides support, education and socialization services, the government dissociated from fulfilling their legal commitments.
SOS – Children Village
Other alternative types –
Pursuant to the Family Code they should be enforced only through legislation but in reality they emerge on an ad hoc basis
- this type of care and upbringing of children left without parental care, children with disabilities and children in crisis. Foster care is implemented based on the agreement between the foster trustee and relevant state administration authority or local self-government, it can be a short-term (up to 6 months) and long-term – until the child becomes of age and reaches 18 years old. The child is placed in a foster family until the adoptive parents are found – primarily they include children of early age, children under rehabilitation from abuse effects, children with special needs during the time of parents’ annual leave, children of parents in crisis, children whose parents are deprived from parental rights and prisoners, children placed earlier in УИТ, homeless children, children during the period of parents’ divorce.
To develop and adopt Public Family Policy Concept;
To elaborate efficient arrangements for intersectoral coordination in terms of protecting child rights and their legal interests;
To use efficiently the arrangements to revert children from institutionalization;
To develop infrastructure to support adoptive families and children (Social support services, Adoptive Parents’ Schools).
6. To develop legislation to promote social services (social residential care institutions, semi-residential or respite care institutions , rehabilitation centers, counseling points, etc.);
7. To reform the system of financing alternative social services (decentralization);
8. To increase accountability of local self-governments in terms of addressing issues of parentless children, children with disabilities, and children in crisis.Solutions and Future Development Prospects
- these are the priority issues for our society.
Thank you for your attention!